Flights over 6 hrs
Suitable for babies
Suitable for toddlers
Suitable for children
Comp. 3-12 yrs ( 09h30-10h00)
£10-13 per hour (approx £9-12)
Minimal jet lag
Check with your GP
- Complimentary Room on Half Board for up to 2 children!
- Free night offer
- Christmas Offer - 50% of reduction on a second room
See all our hotel offers
Mauritius, Indian Ocean
Mauritius, Indian Ocean
Mauritius, Indian Ocean
Mauritius, Indian Ocean
Our ReviewElegantly decorated in light and natural colours, this hotel has an air of calm sophistication.
This delightful hotel, set on the east coast of the island on what is arguably one of Mauritius’s top beaches, reflects a serene, Colonial elegance. It smells delicious, which is an odd way to describe any hotel but it really does. From the moment you arrive you will receive the very best of Mauritian hospitality. Particularly popular for families with younger children the Residence manages to retain a peaceful, calm atmosphere without making you feel that your little one is not allowed to make a squeak. All of the spacious rooms and suites blend the subtle shades of beige and cream, the suites are particularly good for couples travelling with a baby as the large balconies allow you to sunbathe outside while your little one is sleeping. Children from 3 years are accepted into the lovely Planters Kids Club, giving parents a chance to enjoy The Sanctuary (The Residence’s Spa) – a temple to relaxation and rejuvenation. For parents and children alike the wide range of complimentary water sports provide a change to relaxing on the beach. Dining is a delightful experience, the expert chefs combine local spices and freshly caught seafood to provide mouth-watering menus in both The Dining Room and The Plantation restaurants.
RoomsTOTAL: 135 rooms and 28 suites
- Colonial Garden View (54m2) - beautiful views over the luxurious tropical gardens with a king size or twin beds, air-conditioning, overhead fan, desk, living area, LCD TV Satellite TV, with 5 in-house movie channels and 5 music channels, DVD and CD player, Internet access, a fully stocked personal mini bar, tea and coffee facilities - (2 adults + 1 child).
- Colonial Ocean View (56m2) - partial view of the sea over the exotic gardens with a king size or twin beds, air-conditioning, overhead fan, desk, living area, LCD TV Satellite TV, DVD and CD player, Internet access, a fully stocked personal mini bar, tea and coffee facilities - (2 adults + 1 child).
- Colonial Ocean Front Room (58m2) - directly facing the ocean, offering a magnificent view over the turquoise lagoon with a king size or twin beds, air-conditioning, overhead fan, desk, living area, LCD TV Satellite TV, DVD and CD player, Internet access, a fully stocked personal mini bar, tea and coffee facilities - (2 adults + 1 child).
- Colonial Garden View Junior Suite (86m2) - directly facing the ocean, offering a magnificent view over the turquoise lagoon with a king size or twin beds, air-conditioning, overhead fan, desk, living area, LCD TV Satellite TV, DVD and CD player, Internet access, a fully stocked personal mini bar, tea and coffee facilities, the terrace is equipped with wooden table and chairs - (2 adults + 1 infant + 1 child).
- Colonial Garden View Senior Suite (106m2) - garden views and featuring everyting above with a terrace which is equipped with wooden table, chairs and sunbeds - (2 adults + 2 children).
- Colonial Ocean View Suite (164m2) - four poster bed, and spacious bathroom with a separate bathtub and shower cabin, partial sea view featuring all features as per other room types, large ocean view terrace is furnished with elegant wooden chairs, table and sun beds - (2 adults + 2 children).
- Colonial Ocean Front Suites (116m2) - As per Ocean View Suite but with a second bathroom that features an additional toilet, sink and shower cabin. The large ocean front terrace boasts breathtaking views of the Indian Ocean and is elegantly furnished with wooden chairs, table and sun beds - (2 adults + 1 child).
Minimum room types for families are the Colonial Garden View Rooms which can accommodate 2 adults and 1 child. Garden View Senior and Junior Suites can inter-connect with Garden View rooms and Colonial Ocean Front suites can inter-connect with Ocean Front rooms. The interconnecting rooms are Colonial Garden View rooms, Colonial Ocean Front rooms, Colonial Ocean View rooms, Colonial Garden View Junior suites, Colonial Ocean Front suites & Colonial Ocean View suites. The Junior Suite have a large sitting area which part of the bedroom. The Senior and Ocean Front Suites have separate living rooms.
Things to do
THINGS TO DO FOR PARENTS… Sanctuary spa, There is a host of complimentary watersports including waterski, windsurfing, kayaking, Hobie Cats, glass bottom boats and snorkelling. Also free of charge are the three floodlit tennis courts, volleyball, aerobics, fitness equipment, steam room and sauna. For an extra charge the hotel can arrange deep sea fishing, catamaran cruises, undersea walks, scuba diving and horse-riding. Try out the wonderful cuisine at the hotels three restaurants, using the native produce of the island.
I’M BORED (…& for children)… Treasure hunts, snorkelling, body painting, glass bottom boat tours, pony rides, evening entertainment and much more! There is also a separate children’s pool. Complimentary water sports for teenagers at the Yacht Club.
CHILDREN’S CLUB… The Planter’s Kids Club accepts children from 3-12yrs (and is complimentary) and is open from 09.30-10.00pm. Under 3’s can use the Kids club with a parent or babysitter.
SUITABLE FOR… All age groups.
ARE WE THERE YET?... A 1 hour and 10 minutes drive from the airport.
I’M HUNGRY… The hotel does have a children’s menu for room service. Children are allowed in the restaurants at all times.
BABY SITTING & COST… Must have 24 hrs notice and the cost is €10 per hour (approx £10) from 08.00-18.00pm and €13 per hour from 18.00-22.00pm. For babysitting from 22.00-08.00am next day it is €15 per hour (approx £15).
COSTS FOR CHILDREN… Children from the ages of 0-3yrs sharing with parents they are accommodate free of charge. For children in their own room there are discounted rates available depending on the dates of travel.
PRICES FROM… £202 per person per night in a Colonial Ocean View Room on Half Board. Costs for 2 adults and 2 children sharing a Colonial Garden View Senior Suite from £694 per room per night on Half Board. 2 interconnecting Colonial Garden View Rooms from £447 on Half Board per night
WHAT DON’T YOU NEED TO PACK… The hotel can provide beach toys, cots (on request), potties (on request), highchairs, sterilizers and kettles in room (on request), baby bottles and nappies are available in their shop or the shops in the village (5 minute walk).
- The Dining Room - Main restaurant with international recipes
- The Verandah - Light dishes for lunch
- The Plantation - Seafood and Creole cuisine
- The Gourmet Kiosque - Sweet snacks
The hotel worked so well for us.
JM & George 15 months - Read Full Review
The Residence was a huge success and we all had a wonderful holiday. Firstly the over night flight was a real winner and it meant that George had a good sleep before we arrived. What we particularly liked about the hotel was how well it worked for grown ups and yet was also child friendly. We could phone reception at anytime of the day or night to organise a babysitter, food for George or even order some nappies! Our baby sitter was lovely and we felt very comfortable leaving George with her. We did sneek down to have a look at the Beau Rivage but quickly hurried back when we realised how much nicer our hotel was. The only limitation was some areas didn’t have great buggy access but there was always someone around who would help. The kids club was also a real winner although with George being under 3 yrs it meant I or a babysitter needed to stay with him – but this wasn’t too much of an issue. I must say that we had really misjudged Mauritius. It was far more lovely than I was expecting. The Mauritians are wonderfully friendly and the service is always with a smile. There is also a lot of culture to the island and lots to see and do. We normally like finding somewhere new to go each year but we had such a lovely time that we will certainly be heading back in the near future.
JM & George 15 months
Such a beautiful beach
PC & daughter (3 years) - Read Full Review
It was difficult to find any fault with the hotel in terms of facilities, service, staff etc. as it was out of season there were virtually no kids in the kids club but we hired a nanny to look after our daughter for a morning or afternoon. She was excellent and our daughter was totally comfortable with her within minutes of meeting her. The beach was perfect for kids as were the various pools. Our room as perfect for families, we asked for a cot which was in the room almost immediately! The children’s menu was ok but if we asked for something different they were very accommodating in providing it. The hotel has shade on the beach and by the pool and it had very good staff. As it was out of season there were more couples than families but we never encountered any issues from other guests, it seems that the hotel caters well for both families and couples. We only had 2 very minor issues, both about the food. For some unknown reason they watered down the juices. I don’t know if this is something that they do in Mauritius but it is a bit disappointing. Also the starters and desserts at nearly every meal were much better than the main course. Again not a big issue and certainly wouldn’t put us off the over all wonderful experience but just something we noticed.
PC & daughter (3 years)
Fab hotel for all the family
K&P A and Poppy aged 3 - Read Full Review
For us the high light was the Kid’s Club which was fantastic. They had different activities everyday and Christmas was a huge event – amazing. There wasn’t anything about the hotel we didn’t like for children and nothing in the rooms that was unsuitable. They provided cots and highchairs for us and they were very happy to bring hot milk and liquidise food. The babysitter was another real success and she was just fantastic. We would travel back to the Residence just to have Clareitte again! She went beyond the call of duty. We didn’t try and use a monitor as we always used a baby sitter and I don’t think the layout of the hotel would work for monitors. The childrens menu was very good and if all else failed then room service always worked. This hotel was very family oriented so we never got any dirty looks if Poppy threw a tantrum.
K&P A and Poppy aged 3