Flights over 6 hrs
12 hours to Mali
Suitable for babies
Suitable for toddlers
Suitable for children
US$15 per hour (approx Â£11)
Minimal jet lag
Check with your GP
Maldives, Indian Ocean
Maldives, Indian Ocean
Maldives, Indian Ocean
Maldives, Indian Ocean
Our ReviewA beautiful, laid back island, Soneva Fushi is barefoot luxury at its best. No need to pack your kitten heels, the island’s motto is ‘No News, No Shoes’.
The tranquility of Soneva Fushi is apparent even before you arrive. You are met off your international flight and whisked to Soneva’s private airport lounge where a soothing back massage eases away the effects of the flight. Here you also select the fragrance of your bath products and any CD’s you would like to be stocked in your room. With only 65 villas on an island of 100 acres, Soneva Fushi has much more space than most Maldives hotels and of the few with lush green forestry ideal for trepid little explorers. When you arrive every member of the family is given a bike to explore the island – even those too young to pedal themselves are provided for with attached infant seats. It is lots of fun biking along the sandy tracks that criss-cross the island underneath the canopy of trees. The island is surrounded by a beach of super soft white sand and a coral lagoon, ideal for those who are keen on exploring the sea life.
The style of Soneva Fushi is one of designer rustic, with an abundance of bamboo, natural cottons and rough woods. The sheets are unbelievable soft and a huge pillow menu has every pillow type you could imagine including scented cushions to tuck between your sheets. There are various different room types, many have private pools, ideal for families with non-mobile infants but probably not for those with toddlers. The majority of accommodation are ‘cottage’ style rather than rooms with sitting and dining areas so eating meals in your rooms while children are sleeping is much more than just room service on your lap. All rooms have sun loungers in front of them on the beach, enabling you to sunbathe if you are lucky enough to have little ones who still have a midday nap. The point of Soneva Fushi is to do nothing but there are still plenty of options of things to do, our favourite being the Six Senses Spa, offering a huge selection of all sorts of treatments. While Soneva Fushi has two splendid al-fresco restaurants they also have lots of other exciting eating options, such as beachside barbecues, beach picnics or film night hampers.
TOTAL… 65 beach villas (13 different room types)
- Crusoe Villas (79m²) - A beachfront duplex villa with upstairs bedroom and en-suite toilet. Downstairs living room with large daybed and free standing bathtub and two separate showers in the garden. Private pool option available at a supplement - (2 adults & 1 child)
- 2 Bedroom Cruse Villas with Pool (102m2) - beachfront duplex with downstairs guestroom and large daybed - (2 adults & 3 children)
- Soneva Fushi Villas (80m²) - Beach front villas with foyer entrance, spacious bedroom with king-sized bed and large luxurious open-air garden bathroom with water feature, large bathtub and separate shower. Private outside sitting area with sun lounges and direct access to beach - (2 adults & 1 child)
- Two bedroom Soneva Fushi Villa with Pool (134m2)- Beach front villas with foyer entrance, spacious bedroom with king-sized bed and large luxurious open-air garden bathroom with water feature, large bathtub and separate shower. Private outside sitting area with sun lounges and direct access to beach - (2 adults & 2 children)
- Soneva Fushi Villa Suites with Pool (96m²) - Beach front villa with private swimming pool and spacious bedroom with king size bed. Additional sitting room with daybed/sofas. Luxurious open-air garden bathroom and water feature with large bathtub and separate shower - (2 adults & 2 children)
- Soneva Fushi Villa Suite with Pool and Tree House (126m2) - beachfront villa with foyer entrance, in-villa wine cellar, private swimming pool. The treehouse is 2.5metres above ground level, has two bunk beds (2 singles) and two single beds, small W/C and basin.
- Two or Three bedroom Crusoe Suite with Pool (230m2) - beachfront duplex villa with upstairs and downstairs bedrooms. Groundfloor has bedroom with kingsize or twin beds and ensuite, large sitting room with daybed/sofa and private swimming pool. Upstairs has a spacious bed with kingsize or twin beds, overlooks the sitting room and there is a private in-villa wine cellar. The three bedroom villas has a fully equipped gym.
The minimum room categories for families are the Crusoe Villas which can accommodate 2 adults and 1 child. All other room categories accept 2 adults and 1 child whereas the Soneva Fushi Villa Suite & Tree House can accommodate 4 adults and 4 children.
Things to do
THINGS TO DO FOR PARENTS… There are many water sports including deep sea fishing by Dhoni. Or pamper yourself in the Spa after a game of tennis, dolphin cruises, sandbank breakfasts,jog around the islands nature trail, stargaze in the islands observatory, beach cinema.
I’M BORED (…& for children)… Swimming, snorkelling, classic board games to island treasure hunts to child-friendly films on outdoor screen delivered with pizza and popcorn, learning how glass bottles, metals, wood, coconuts and jungle cuttings are recycled, reused or turned into compost at the innovative Eco Centro, picking organic ingredients to make own family meals under the guidance of the chefs who also know a thing or two about cookie baking and chocolate making, learning about astronomy, dive instructors and marine biologists will teach children about underwater mysteries, private children and family yoga, mini spa treatments, meet local Maldivian families.
CHILDREN’S CLUB… See above
SUITABLE FOR… All age groups.
ARE WE THERE YET?... 25 minute seaplane transfer from Malé.
I’M HUNGRY… The hotel can provide children’s menus. On certain nights the hotel does impose restrictions on children in certain restaurants.
BABY SITTING & COST… 24 hours notice is requested and is approx US$20 per hour (approx £13).
COSTS FOR CHILDREN… Discounts available for children in their own room.
PRICES FROM… US$492 per person per night (approx £328.00) in a Crusoe Villa on Room Only Basis. 2 adults & 2 children (up to 2yrs) from $1,200.00 per room per night (approx £800.00) in a Soneva Fushi Villa Suite with Pool on Room Only.
WHAT DON’T YOU NEED TO PACK… The hotel can provide baby cots, sterilizer, highchairs on request, the hotel can assist in acquiring child amenities if an emergency.
- mihiree mitha - main restaurant, breakfast, pizza's - just EVERYTHING!!
- so spiritual bar - main bar
- by the beach - seafood mains and Japanese & Korean tapas - feet in the sand
- down to earth - mediterranean cuisine
- fresh in the garden - surrounded by banana plants, organic veggies and herbs only from the BAA Atoll
- bar(a)bara - overwater bar serving cocktails, mocktails and light snacks
Be the first to review this Ultimate Family hideaway!