Suitable for babies
Suitable for toddlers
Suitable for children
Comp. 2 hrs in morning & afternoon
Creche for under 3s
3 mths +
£10 per hour
Minimal jet lag
Our ReviewWith two children under two it takes a certain hotel to make a hotel stay really feel like a break, the Elms, one of the Von Essen Luxury Family Hotels really managed to succeed in this. It’s difficult to pin point why the Elms succeeds where many other fails – however the smaller size of this hotel and the wonderfully relaxed, homely atmosphere really lends itself to families with young children. The Three Bears Den is one of the most welcoming crèches I have visited – testament to this is it is also the first one where I have managed to leave my 6 month old and 2 year old for a full two hours with not a single squawk for mummy! There are certainly jazzier and larger Kids Club but it is well equipped with a separate corner for younger infants, has a lovely outside area and a lovely relaxed, calm atmosphere that suited my daughters better than some of the larger ones. For older children there is also an air hockey table plus an x-box. There is plenty for children to do outside of the Three Bears Den including a lovely outside play area with a large trampoline, swings and slides. The Aquae Sulis Spa has an indoor swimming pool which children are welcome to use at any time and although this does mean that the Spa doesn’t have the hushed approach normally found in Spas as parents you can still retreat from noisy little ones by having a treatment or taking advantage of the sauna and steam rooms. The bedrooms vary in size, the largest of which can take up to four children, although personally I can only imagine four children and two adults in one room would be pretty chaotic and larger families may be better suited to interconnecting rooms or the apartment. The hotels welcome approach to children is apparent in all areas of the hotel, a double mini desk and chairs in the reception area keeps children occupied while arriving or leaving, the abundance of pretty wellies in all sizes by the door, our breakfast table waiting for us with two high chairs, one for a toddler and the other that could take a child unable to sit properly on their own yet. However even with all of this you don’t feel that you as an adult are at a hotel geared to your children rather than you. The restaurant offers delightfully grown up food with a strong emphasis on local and fresh produce, there is good wine list and the choice to eat in the inside formal dining room or elegant but more casual dining outside. The baby listening service is available in all rooms, the in room monitors are linked to reception who immediately inform you if your baby is crying. Not only does this save on the cost of a babysitter but also means that you can leave them in your room for a midday sleep while you enjoy a game of tennis or croquet, knowing that when your little one wakes there is always someone listening out for them. A truly delightful gem – there must be times for every mother when things are getting on top of you and you just need to get away from home and this is a great place to do it.
For bookings and rates please follow the link to the hotel’s website. Using the promotional code of 'Hideaway' the lovely chaps at Von Esson will bung in a free tea for two on the day you arrive! (not the most exciting thing in the world but we are particularly fond of scones so it tickled our fancy) :
Great family location. We would go again
A great opportunity to interact with these magnificent creatures at eye level. A perfect way to start or finish a family safari adventure.
This elegant family run hotel situated on the outskirts of Nairobi is a perfect start or ending point for any family safari. Your children will be bowled over as the resident giraffes duck their heads in through the windows at breakfast in search of a spare croissant!
Giraffe Manor has the unusual distinction of sharing its home with eight giraffes who are free to roam the grounds, pop their head in the dining room window for breakfast as they normally do, or peer in the second floor bedrooms!
On entrance into the Manor you can immediately sense there is something special about this place. Wood panelled walls, elegant furnishings and hint of nostalgia is evident in the many photographs and pieces that adorn this gorgeous building.
The house comprises five double bedrooms, immaculately furnished in the style of their day, with large four-poster beds, antique furnishings and striking Art Deco bathrooms. The Karen Blixen Suite is perfect for families – it has a large adult double bed downstairs and then two sweet children’s beds on a mezzanine type deck, below the deck there is a snug area which little ones will love if they can tear themselves away from all the excitement outside.
There is not a lot one can say about this fabulous hotel, except for it must be experienced for oneself!
Things to do
Facilisi et dignissim, iusto fatua ille consequat pagus iriure. Valetudo dolore ex ut hendrerit natu ad. Utinam neo ea acsi dolor hos iusto ut odio, tation, quia dolus sino
Valetudo dolore ex ut hendrerit natu ad. Utinam neo ea acsi dolor hos iusto ut odio, tation, quia dolus sino. Accumsan laoreet valde lenis huic nulla in. Ea pecus modo nisl quia, ut os. Nisl patria, imputo ulciscor lobortis nullus dolor feugait vel esse, sit, vulputate epulae tamen. Consequat, te, nulla feugiat acsi feugait, probo occuro imputo, patria nisl, immitto suscipit modo.
Te abigo vereor distineo pneum proprius uxor iriure vulputate amet secundum, laoreet.
Pertineo esse caecus ut vel et, autem in sed brevitas sudo, praemitto refero. Tamen ille, dolor ideo, immitto diam enim, duis similis gravis feugait dignissim jumentum refoveo quidem. Dolore, pagus abigo te, pagus bene validus jugis in vel accumsan secundum acsi et.
Nimis abico haero quis aliquip vulputate. Ut paulatim oppeto consequat, vindico eum, nisl ea lucidus immitto typicus jus odio consectetuer neque. Causa sed nunc singularis scisco, iusto pertineo camur. Euismod dolus nonummy luptatum oppeto haero ea, ullamcorper, rusticus, consequat indoles tation huic vero. Commoveo jus in wisi interdico, duis. Iusto nulla, similis reprobo indoles ymo.
Ingenium probo aliquip saepius, voco tamen illum velit incassum. Uxor mauris aliquip consectetuer bis demoveo jumentum ideo importunus, ea velit feugiat valetudo si, vulpes. Sagaciter accumsan eu typicus quis augue eligo suscipit populus suscipit laoreet inhibeo ea causa. Pneum, odio patria voco, macto facilisi.
- SUITABLE FOR... All families
- ARE WE THERE YET?... Abberley, Worcester.
- THINGS TO DO FOR PARENTS… Aquae Sulis Retreat Spa including indoor swimming pool, Sauna, Steam Room, Tennis, Croquet and lovely walks.
- I’M BORED (…& for children) Indoor swimming pool, Three Bears Den, Outside play area with large trampoline, slide and swings, children’s croquet, bikes, trikes, picnics and walks for which you can borrow the resident dog Tickle if required. Good selection of children’s DVDs and DVD player in all rooms. They can organise visits to local farms, cheese making with the chef. Special events for children are organised throughout the year, for example on Christmas Eve a reindeer and sledge are brought in, or beach weekends with donkey rides, Punch and Judy show. Nearby attractions include Cabury World and Safari Park.
- KIDS CLUB... Three Bears Den – open every day from 10am until 5.30pm, complimentary for 2 hours per morning, 2 hours per afternoon (max visit 2 hours at any one time). Takes babies from 3 months. You can also use the Bears Den after hours if you supervise your children.
- ROOMS... 23 bedrooms and suites. Classics, Executive Double, Deluxe Double, Suite, Coach House room.
- FAMILY ROOMS... The largest of the rooms in the main hotel can take up to a maximum of four children, although for your own pleasure you may prefer to take two interconnecting rooms! There are some interconnecting rooms and an apartment which has a double room, twin room and sitting room. In our opinion the Duchess is the prettiest of the rooms which can be taken on its own or with an additional bedroom sharing a main door. Classics (2 adults, 1 Child), Executive Double (2 adults, 2 Children), Deluxe Double (2 adults, 3 children),, Suite (up to 7 people), Coach House room (2 adults, 1 Child).
- I’M HUNGRY… The kitchen can provide pureed food on request. The hotel has two restaurants including the more casual Pear Terrace Brasserie for all day family dining in a relaxing atmosphere with spectacular views across Worcestershire's Teme Valley. And on nice days you can all eat outside in the Pear Garden. Children’s lunch is served alongside the main lunch menu and then there is a High Tea available for children from 5-6 pm, or they can eat later with the adults. Room service is available and a lounge menu is available for older children from 6.30 pm.
- BABYSITTING & COSTS... 10 per hour (all CRT checked) – NB all rooms have baby listening service.
- COSTS FOR CHILDREN... Under 12 yrs free of charge on B&B.
- 2009 PRICES FROM... £75 per person B&B.
- WHAT YOU DON’T NEED TO PACK... If you have a baby they will automatically put a travel cot, nappy bucket, changing mat and kettle in your room for you. They also have steam sterilisers and food bottle warmers. They can also refrigerate bottlers etc for you.
Sorry no image loaded to the Gallery yet!
Be the first to review this Ultimate Family hideaway!