Flights under 6 hrs
3 1/2 hrs to Naples
Suitable for babies
Suitable for toddlers
Suitable for children
E25 (approx Â£21)
Minimal jet lag
- No offers currently listed.
Please call us on 0870 673 848 for more information .
See all our hotel offers
A beautiful hotel with one of the best locations on the Amalfi coastIf the Amalfi coast is one of the most beautiful coast lines in Europe then the picturesque hillside town of Ravello, perched on the lime cliffs which cascade down into the crystal sea below has to be the jewel in that crown. Far above the crowds that flock to Amalfi in the summer the village is both enchantingly Italian and the perfect base from which to explore the coastline by day and retire to at night. It is therefore not surprising that Orient-Express, who have among the best hotels, in Italy should decide to open the Caruso in Ravello. It is not a hotel that immediately springs to mind as a family hotel and indeed we wouldn’t recommend it for large families. However for couples travelling with just an infant or one child who are seeking somewhere elegant and peaceful but at the same time want their child to be made to feel welcome the Hotel Caruso is ideal. We travelled here with our daughter Inca when she was eleven months old and the staff could not have been more welcoming and delightful to her. Highchairs were immediately provided and none of the staff seemed to mind the typical mess of pasta and bread that ended up on the floor surrounding her high chair. The restaurant does have a fairly formal atmosphere which doesn’t lend itself to screaming children for dinner – however there are simple pizzerias just a short walk away. Ravello is set on a cliff edge so be prepared for some quite steep hills and steps to reach the main piazza and restaurants. Two adults for one small child and buggy was fine as one could carry the child and one the buggy but it would be quite a struggle if you added any more children into the equation. The hotel has 54 beautiful rooms, each different but all wonderfully light and most with terraces featuring Ravello's spectacular hilltop sea views and 15 with private gardens. The bathrooms are particularly spoiling with the best and most abundant amount of bath goodies we have come across. The brand of bath goodies is chosen to get the best for each product type so includes a range of Pehaligons, Bulgari and Molton Brown! The beautiful infinity pool is delightful and pool service even includes a dedicated concierge who arrange the loan of Ipods with your choice of music or anything else you desire. The beautiful gardens have lots of area of lawn – ideal for sitting or crawling babies. As you would expect from an Orient Express hotel the staff at the Caruso are fantastic, both helpful and smiley. For anyone wanting the ultimate on the Amalfi Coast then this is the hotel for you. OUR OPINION... The best staff in Italy and the hotel also has more room than any other on the Amalfi coast, which is especially important in August when the coast is at its busiest.
Double Room Village View: Located on the ground floor and benefit from delightful garden views. Some of them have a private terrace or garden.
Double Superior: Views of either the garden or village
Double Deluxe Sea View: Sea views and each have a terrace or balcony.
Junior Suites Superior: Beautiful sea view (no balcony).
Junior Suite Deluxe: With either balconies or terraces, which are equipped with sun-beds, table and chairs. Some suites also feature a private garden.
Suite Deluxe: Largest and most dramatically situated suites of the hotel with separate living areas, breathtaking sea views and magnificent terraces equipped with sun beds, table and chairs. The suite has a separate living area.
Suite Exclusive: With a private garden and magnificent terrace offering a sweeping panorama of the sea. The terrace is furnished with deck chairs and is the perfect place to enjoy breakfast, lunch or dinner overlooking the Amalfi Coast. The suite has a separate living area.
There are interconnecting Double Rooms Village View and interconnecting Junior Deluxe Suites with a private garden so these are ideal for families. Maximum capacity of extra beds or baby cots in a room is one. Extra bedding available in all room types.
Things to do
- THINGS TO DO FOR PARENTS…Wellness Centre, explore delightful places along the Divine Coast including Capri, Positano, Amalfi and Sorrento, swimming pool, eats loads of amazing Italian food.
- I’M BORED (…& for children)…Swimming pool, explore the Divine Coast with your parents.
- CHILDREN’S CLUB…The hotel does not have a children’s club but on arrival the hotel provides children’s books with activities. Playstations, IPods, DVD’s and toys are available at Concierge. Dedicated Spa Treatments for children and painting lessons with water colours as well as sailing lessons are also available at a supplement .
- SUITABLE FOR… Families of children with all ages.
- ARE WE THERE YET?... Direct flight to Naples from London then a 50 min drive. By Train From Venice S. Lucia to Napoli Centrale From Milano Centrale to Napoli Centrale From Florence Santa Maria Novella to Napoli Centrale From Rome Termini to Napoli Centrale.
- I’M HUNGRY…There is a children’s menu available for room service and the hotel is able to assist with infants meals. Children are allowed in all restaurants but they do request that families eat dinner at 19h30.
- BABYSITTING & COSTS…Babysitters can be provided at an hourly charge of €25 (approx £21).
- CHILDRENS COSTS ... Children under 12 yrs stay for free when sharing with parents (on B&B basis)
max 1 child per room
- PRICES FROM…€400 per person per night (approx £348.00) in a Double Room on Bed & Breakfast.
- WHAT DON’T YOU NEED TO PACK…The hotel can assist with washing bottles, they can provide a steriliser and child amenities on request, highchairs, baby cots, car seats.
Sorry no image loaded to the Gallery yet!
Be the first to review this Ultimate Family hideaway!