Flights over 6 hrs
13 hours via Joburg
Suitable for children
Minimal jet lag
- No offers currently listed.
Please call us on 0870 673 848 for more information .
See all our hotel offers
Our ReviewWilderness Safaris run the best camps in Botswana and their top camp for families is Seba. It is located in the famous Okavango Delta, the only inland delta in the world, with its prolific game and bird life. The camp overlooks its own lagoon so you need head no further than the swimming pool to see great game. As with all their wonderful camps it is designed to blend into the surrounding countryside and has just eight well-appointed and spacious tents, each with en-suite bathroom and a private deck on which to relax and observe the passing wildlife in and around the lagoon. In case your children are a bit nervous of animals wandering past, the tents are built on elevated platforms above any passing hippos! Well-lit paths lead to the communal dining area and a lounge-library complete with reference and pictorial books for fathers to quickly swot up on the answers to the hundreds of questions the children will inevitably fire at them through out the game drives. Luckily Seba has some wonderful guides who help to bring the bush alive and will be able to answer the questions for you (you then just have to look like you knew the answer anyway). For over-hot youngsters there is a secluded swimming pool to play in when not out on safari. Al fresco dining is the order of the day at Seba with an almost constant supply of food. In fact so much so that you won’t need to eat for a week when you get home. Seba Camp incorporates many features which make it welcoming to families with children. The two family suites have two interleading, en-suite double bedrooms as well as an upstairs lounge with a pull-out sleeper couch. There is ample space for children, including a built-in 'tree-house' for them. An elevated deck has its own small swimming pool and sandpit. Safaris are by landrover, mokoro (local canoe) or foot. There is an abundance of game around the whole area including lion, a large elephant population and herds of buffalo. And when the children are ready for something else then the fishing is fantastic. When we were young, fishing for tiger fish (like a big piranha) in the Okavango was one of the highlights of our safaris and kept us entertained for hours.
Things to do
Facilisi et dignissim, iusto fatua ille consequat pagus iriure. Valetudo dolore ex ut hendrerit natu ad. Utinam neo ea acsi dolor hos iusto ut odio, tation, quia dolus sino
Valetudo dolore ex ut hendrerit natu ad. Utinam neo ea acsi dolor hos iusto ut odio, tation, quia dolus sino. Accumsan laoreet valde lenis huic nulla in. Ea pecus modo nisl quia, ut os. Nisl patria, imputo ulciscor lobortis nullus dolor feugait vel esse, sit, vulputate epulae tamen. Consequat, te, nulla feugiat acsi feugait, probo occuro imputo, patria nisl, immitto suscipit modo.
Te abigo vereor distineo pneum proprius uxor iriure vulputate amet secundum, laoreet.
Pertineo esse caecus ut vel et, autem in sed brevitas sudo, praemitto refero. Tamen ille, dolor ideo, immitto diam enim, duis similis gravis feugait dignissim jumentum refoveo quidem. Dolore, pagus abigo te, pagus bene validus jugis in vel accumsan secundum acsi et.
Nimis abico haero quis aliquip vulputate. Ut paulatim oppeto consequat, vindico eum, nisl ea lucidus immitto typicus jus odio consectetuer neque. Causa sed nunc singularis scisco, iusto pertineo camur. Euismod dolus nonummy luptatum oppeto haero ea, ullamcorper, rusticus, consequat indoles tation huic vero. Commoveo jus in wisi interdico, duis. Iusto nulla, similis reprobo indoles ymo.
Ingenium probo aliquip saepius, voco tamen illum velit incassum. Uxor mauris aliquip consectetuer bis demoveo jumentum ideo importunus, ea velit feugiat valetudo si, vulpes. Sagaciter accumsan eu typicus quis augue eligo suscipit populus suscipit laoreet inhibeo ea causa. Pneum, odio patria voco, macto facilisi.
- SUITABLE FOR… As Botswana is a malaria country we would recommend this camp for children over 5 years old.
- ARE WE THERE YET?... 12 hour flight to Johannesburg, 2 hour flight onwards to Maun and 45 mins by charter flight to the camp.
- THINGS TO DO FOR PARENTS… Game view by canoe and 4x4, walking safari and fish.
- I’M BORED (…& for children)… Not a comment you will have on safari. Game viewing by canoe or landrover, fishing or hunting for bug life with the guides. Learning how to track game and trying to identify games from their poo! The minimum age requirement for activities (where these activities are applicable to each lodge/camp) are as follows: boating 6 years, canoeing 12 years, mokoros 12 years and walking 12 years.
- CHILDREN’S CLUB… This camp does not have a childrens club.
- ROOMS… 8 tents.
- FAMILY ROOMS… The two family suites have two interleading, en-suite double bedrooms as well as an upstairs lounge with a pull-out sleeper couch.
- I’M HUNGRY… Everyone eats together in the mess tent.
- BABYSITTING & COSTS… N/a.COSTS FOR CHILDREN… A discounted rate applies to all children 12 years and younger when sharing with full paying adults in the family room. Children older than 12 years, or being accommodated in their own room, pay the normal adult rates.
- 2009 PRICES FROM… From $548 per person per night (approx £332).
- WHAT YOU DON’T NEED TO PACK… N/a.
- OTHER WILDERNESS FAMILY PROPERTIES... Chitabe Lediba, DumaTau, Jao, Little Vumbura, Savuti, Seba and Vumbura Plains camps each have a family room (Chitabe Lediba has 2 family rooms) where families of up to 4 guests can be comfortably accommodated (5 would be crowded). The family rooms at Chitabe Lediba and DumaTau camps comprise of 2 adjoining tents which share a bathroom. The family rooms at Jao, Little Vumbura, Savuti, Seba and Vumbura Plains camps, comprise of 2 adjoining tents, each with their own bathroom. Minimum age 6 yrs.
Sorry no image loaded to the Gallery yet!
Be the first to review this Ultimate Family hideaway!