Suitable for babies
Suitable for toddlers
Suitable for children
2 hours comp in morning & afternoon
Creche for under 3s
3 mths +
Â£10 per hour
- No offers currently listed.
Please call us on 0870 673 848 for more information .
See all our hotel offers
Our ReviewArriving on a wonderfully sunny day, the lure of the outdoor swimming pool combined with being greeted by Peanut the resident dog made it pretty difficult to entice our two year old up to our room. Thankfully our cosily decorated bedroom kept my daughters attention long enough for me to unpack before heading out to explore the hotel further. The outdoor swimming pool is a huge bonus, while English weather is never guaranteed the pool is heated to a perfect temperature so even on grey days children at least will still love to splash around. On hotter days the pretty wooden sunloungers make a perfect place for the parents to relax while your children enjoy the pool, kick a ball around on the grass or even better are looked after in the Woolley Bears Den. The Wooley Bears Den is the hotels crèche and looks after children from 3 months until 7 year olds, it’s well equipped and has various different themes and activities going on throughout the year. For older children there is the Hen House, an unsupervised playroom with air hockey, pool, TV and DVD player as well as a Play Station and Nintendo Wii. For doing things with your children there is plenty on offer, the pretty croquet lawn makes for great family fun and the large shaded sandpit is very popular with toddlers. The hotels location is another bonus, Bath is only ten minutes away with its numerous shops and restaurants and Longleat Safari Park, something that should be done at least once with children is also nearby. The hotel has a very homely, relaxed atmosphere, when our toddler woke rather earlier than we hoped nipping down to reception in a dressing gown to beg a DVD felt quite normal, something I wouldn’t dare to do in many a hotel. The hotel offers a baby listening service so you can enjoy dinner knowing they are being monitored. The food is delicious both for adults and children with various options for children’s dining including high tea at 5pm in the Woolley Bears Den or supper in the conservatory from 6pm.
For bookings and rates please follow the link to the hotel’s website. Using the promotional code of 'Hideaway' the lovely chaps at Von Esson will bung in a free tea for two on the day you arrive! (not the most exciting thing in the world but we are particularly fond of scones so it tickled our fancy) :
Things to do
Facilisi et dignissim, iusto fatua ille consequat pagus iriure. Valetudo dolore ex ut hendrerit natu ad. Utinam neo ea acsi dolor hos iusto ut odio, tation, quia dolus sino
Valetudo dolore ex ut hendrerit natu ad. Utinam neo ea acsi dolor hos iusto ut odio, tation, quia dolus sino. Accumsan laoreet valde lenis huic nulla in. Ea pecus modo nisl quia, ut os. Nisl patria, imputo ulciscor lobortis nullus dolor feugait vel esse, sit, vulputate epulae tamen. Consequat, te, nulla feugiat acsi feugait, probo occuro imputo, patria nisl, immitto suscipit modo.
Te abigo vereor distineo pneum proprius uxor iriure vulputate amet secundum, laoreet.
Pertineo esse caecus ut vel et, autem in sed brevitas sudo, praemitto refero. Tamen ille, dolor ideo, immitto diam enim, duis similis gravis feugait dignissim jumentum refoveo quidem. Dolore, pagus abigo te, pagus bene validus jugis in vel accumsan secundum acsi et.
Nimis abico haero quis aliquip vulputate. Ut paulatim oppeto consequat, vindico eum, nisl ea lucidus immitto typicus jus odio consectetuer neque. Causa sed nunc singularis scisco, iusto pertineo camur. Euismod dolus nonummy luptatum oppeto haero ea, ullamcorper, rusticus, consequat indoles tation huic vero. Commoveo jus in wisi interdico, duis. Iusto nulla, similis reprobo indoles ymo.
Ingenium probo aliquip saepius, voco tamen illum velit incassum. Uxor mauris aliquip consectetuer bis demoveo jumentum ideo importunus, ea velit feugiat valetudo si, vulpes. Sagaciter accumsan eu typicus quis augue eligo suscipit populus suscipit laoreet inhibeo ea causa. Pneum, odio patria voco, macto facilisi.
- SUITABLE FOR... All ages
- ARE WE THERE YET?... 5 minutes drive from Bath.
- THINGS TO DO FOR PARENTS… Swim, relax, visit Bath or teach the little ones croquet whilst they are still at an age where you can win. Or if you are like us get competitive over a game of air-hockey (note here – the older children in the Hen House will eye you suspiciously as you play with their toys!)
- I’M BORED (…& for children) Outdoor heated swimming pool, Woolley Bears Den, Outside play area with large trampoline, slide and swings, children’s croquet, bikes, trikes, picnics and walks for which you can borrow the resident spaniel, Peanut, if required. Good selection of children’s DVDs and DVD player in all rooms. The Hen House, for older children, has air hockey, pool and tabletop football as well as plasma TV and DVD and connections for PS2 and Nintendo Wii. They can organise visits to local farms, or cooking with the chef. Special events for children are organised throughout the year including great activities over half terms. Nearby attractions include Longleat and Bath.
- KIDS CLUB... Woolley Bears Den – open every day from 10am until 4.45pm, complimentary for 2 hours per morning, 2 hours per afternoon (max visit 2 hours at any one time). Takes babies from 3 months up to 7 year olds. High Tea is served in the crèche at 5pm each day. Outside of these hours the Den is open but you must supervise your children. The Hen House is an unsupervised playroom for older children.
- ROOMS... 26 bedrooms and suites. Doubles, Classics, Suites, Large Deluxe Double, Standard Suite, Split level suite, large suite and Hayloft Suite.
- FAMILY ROOMS... Most of the rooms are in the main house and these are the ones we recommend for families with young children. There are a number of interconnecting rooms and for a large family the Hayloft Suite, in a separate building, is a great option. Classics (2 adults & 1 child), Suites (2 adults & 2 children), Large Deluxe Double (family of 5), Standard Suite (2 adults & 2 children), Split level suite (2 adults & 2 children), large suite (2 adults & 3children) and Hayloft Suite (2 adults & 4 children)
- I’M HUNGRY… For infants a limited selection of Plum Baby Food is available at £2 a pot, or they can puree anything from the children’s menu. Plastic cutlery, plates and bowls are provided at each restaurant. They have a very good childrens menu with all the classics. If you miss the High Tea in the Den then children can have an early supper in the Orangery restaurant or weather permitting on the terrace (also a great spot for lunch). Room service is available with a £5 service charge.
- BABYSITTING & COSTS... 10 per hour (all CRT checked) – NB all rooms have baby listening service which you can use during lunch or dinner.
- COSTS FOR CHILDREN... Under 12 yrs free of charge on B&B.
- 2009 PRICES FROM... £75 per person B&B.
- WHAT YOU DON’T NEED TO PACK... If you have a baby they will automatically put a travel cot, nappy bucket and changing mat in your room. They also have a limited number of steam sterilisers and food bottle warmer and kettles for your room if needed. They can also refrigerate bottlers etc for you and they are very good a washing bottles for you.
Sorry no image loaded to the Gallery yet!
Be the first to review this Ultimate Family hideaway!